Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnBoarding IOS 7.1, CPPM + AOS latest versions - does it still work?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OnBoarding IOS 7.1, CPPM + AOS latest versions - does it still work?

Posted Mar 25, 2014 09:30 AM

Hello!

In my lab I had OnBoarding working properly using IOS, Android, Windows 8 clients.

Now it's been a month or two since I really tried it, and in the meantime I had upgraded the following:

IOS to 7.1

AOS to 6.4.0.2

CPPM to 6.3.1.62009

Now Windows 8 still works, Android of various versions still works, but I'm unable to get iPad with IOS 7.1 to work. Tried two different iPads, but both failed.

I'm wasn't sure if anything else has been done in my lab environment, so I jsut re-created the Onboarding setup, but no luck.

I'm guessing it SHOULD work or else this forum would be filled with it, but I have to ask - does it still work? :)

I'm running this with just http and CP-Guest as Root CA. No CNA is triggered. I have set everything in regards of certificate checks to be "do not check". It looks like the Profile that is created on the iPad is wrong, since I'm pretty sure under "Sertifikat" (Certificate) the one with my username should be also.

I haven't configured anything in regards of SCEP.. This is more or less basic Onboard.

• 2.  RE: OnBoarding IOS 7.1, CPPM + AOS latest versions - does it still work?

Posted Mar 25, 2014 10:03 AM

Do you have the Extended Validation SSL in the trust chain? If that's the case, then I would recommend to configure the trust manually and add the EV cert to the trusted certificates under the Network Settings.

• 3.  RE: OnBoarding IOS 7.1, CPPM + AOS latest versions - does it still work?

• 4.  RE: OnBoarding IOS 7.1, CPPM + AOS latest versions - does it still work?

Posted Apr 02, 2014 03:22 AM
    Thanks Ado75, but I don't have ocsp active. This was working, and just stopped working after upgrading/patching.

If you do have Onboard running and an ios device available, please check the profile and see how it looks compared to mine. The certificate section looks wrong..

John