Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:14 PM

Hi Forum,

I have a pool of loaner laptops that I will have the IT admins onboard and give out. Any employee that needs one can just grab it and logon to the laptop with their AD username/password.

Normal onboarding is not working. When i onboard a machine with a user and log off and have another user login, it fails to connect to the SSID. I see that the wireless profile on the windows in configured to do eap-tls but it is not working. Below is a screen shot of what I though would fix the problem but did not.

Any advice is great advice.

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 12.08.59 PM.png

• 2.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:17 PM
    You need to do a system level onboard which means creating another provisioning profile. 

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:19 PM

Thanks Tim,

Not sure what do you mean by that. The laptop is expected to be used by many users and those users won't have to onboard. They should logon, connect to the SSID and should do EAP-TLS.

• 4.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 13, 2016 03:46 PM

Create a new Network Settings configuration profile, selecting Machine under certificate store for Windows. You'll then want to create a new configuration profile and provisioning profile that reference that new network setting.

network-settings-machine.PNG

• 5.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 04:20 PM

I get a reject on access tracker with alert "EAP-TLS: Authentication failure, unknown user"

• 6.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 04:27 PM

The error I get on the machine when a new user logs in is>>>> unable to connect, this network requries a certificate>>>

I check on the windows cert store and I can't find anythin for the new user.

• 7.  RE: OnBoarding a laptop that will be used by multiple users?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 12:11 AM

It should be in the machine store, not the user store.