Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard Says i need to updated Windows Defender and Run Scan

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OnGuard Says i need to updated Windows Defender and Run Scan

Posted Feb 16, 2016 12:39 PM

I am building a demo of OnGuard for a customer and have run into an issue with it detecting my AV. I am running Windows Defender which came with windows 10.

When i run onguard after connecting i get 3 messages

- Upgrade windows defender application to a newer version

• How can i do this? I connected to my open network and open defender. I ran the upgrade and it pulled the latest definitions, but it didn't upgrade the 'application'. After running onguard i still fail

- Scan the Client with Windows Defender

• Done. Still get the same message after running onguard checks again

- Update windows defender. Click here to update.

How can i solve this issue, or is Windows Defender not supported at this time?

Details:

CPPM 6.5.5

Aruba controller 6.4.3.4

AntiVirus & AntiSpyware Updates1.343142016/02/16 12:00:02Online2016/02/16 12:18:02

Windows Hotfixes Updates1.15572016/02/16 07:16:48Online2016/02/16 08:00:07

• 2.  RE: OnGuard Says i need to updated Windows Defender and Run Scan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 12:53 PM
    Did you check for Windows Updates? I believe they come in through WU.

• 3.  RE: OnGuard Says i need to updated Windows Defender and Run Scan

Posted Feb 16, 2016 12:57 PM

It looks like i have some Windows Updates pending. I will try to update and see if that fixes the issue.

If i want to allow windows-update in my quarantine role, do you know if the application rule in ArubaOS will match that pretty accurately? 

• 4.  RE: OnGuard Says i need to updated Windows Defender and Run Scan

Posted Feb 16, 2016 01:58 PM

I've installed all updates, went into defender and did an update, and ran a scan. Still shows that i am not on latest version, and i have no run a scan. Do i need to run a full scan vs a quick scan?

Enabled remediation, and it kicked off a full scan, will see if that resolves it