Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 17, 2019 11:35 AM

Our OnGuard policy allows any antivirus package to be used on Macintoshes. Before Catlina came out, the built-in Gatekeeper software was suffiecient. With Catlina, the antivirus test is failing. I wonder if OPSWAT OESIS needs to be updated. I'm working with TAC to collect logs and what not. Has anyone else run into this?

• 2.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 08:54 PM

Are you running 6.8.3?

• 3.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 18, 2019 09:37 AM

Sorry that I didn't include that bit of information. The ClearPass server is running 6.7.10.109323. When I last asked about 6.8, TAC suggested holding off. Is it considered stable now?

• 4.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 10:13 AM

I can't answer that specific part, but 6.8.3 isi required to support Catalina with OnGuard.

• 5.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 18, 2019 10:37 AM

I'll let TAC know what you said. We are getting by this by installing a third party AV solution that works. 

Thanks

• 6.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:14 PM

Why is there no fix available for the 6.7 code train?  Many of us are not ready to upgrade to 6.8 at this time, and we have an ever growing number of customers upgrading their devices -- which is blocking their network access.   

• 7.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 03:38 PM

6.7.12 was released today with support for OnGuard in macOS 10.15.

• 8.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 31, 2019 09:42 AM

Thanks Tim. Now I've got to decide which version to upgrade to. Too bad it isn't just an OnGuard update.

A suggestion for Aruba - OS updates are typically released in beta well before the actual release. Have your components tested and ready before the release date so customers can update before the release date so that clients are not impacted.

I don't know if Aruba knew there was an issue with the latest MacOS or not, but it would also have been nice to get a heads up if things are broken. Maybe there was communication and I'm not in the loop.

• 9.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Oct 31, 2019 11:34 AM

It would also be very nice if the helpdesks are informed of the upcoming patches.  I spent a couple of days going back and forth with support over why a patch is not being released for a supported code train.  They apparently had no idea one was being worked on and kept insisting the only fix is to upgrade to 6.8.3.

• 10.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Nov 01, 2019 10:46 AM

Related to this, apparently there is an issue with COA on 2930F switches and 6.8.3 and a hotfix is being developed. Since we are using dynamic segmentation and things seem to be unclear about the status of 6.8.3, we'll update to the latest 6.7 patch and then upgrade to 6.8 after more programming errors are worked out.

• 11.  RE: OnGuard not Detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS 10.15 Catalina

Posted Nov 06, 2019 03:05 PM

Version 6.7.12 update was applied to our ClearPass servers and it is detecting Gatekeeper on MacOS version 10.15.