Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

OnGuard persistent agent 6.5.5

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OnGuard persistent agent 6.5.5

Posted Mar 18, 2016 10:10 PM

I am two weeks away from Go-Live with ClearPass as a NAC. (Version 6.5.5 on CPPM - Aruba IAP wireless - Juniper switching) We were hoping to have posturing w/ OnGuard on day 1... but... I don't think it's going to happen. We have had INCREDIBLY inconsistent behavior across wired, wireless, Windows 10, & Windows 7.

Windows 10 gets kicked off wired after exactly 1 hour after the agent sends back a posture status of UNKNOWN, for literally no apparent reason.  Unfortunately, CPPM stops there and the device is stuck until you disable/enable the NIC to restart the process from Initial, OnGuard check-in, CoA, and onto the correct VLAN.  Windows 10 on wireless will run all day with no issues.

Windows 7 is flapping every single minute on both wired and wireless.  I have tickets open for both issues and they think it's tied to a known bug on the 6.5.5 agent.  It is resolved in 6.6, but they haven't let me try it yet.  Engineering ticket #33360 if any Aruba employees want to check-in on that...