Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard Android 6.0 not working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Oct 12, 2015 09:00 AM

Hello,

just updated a couple of Nexus devices and onboard doesn't seem to work. Everything looks ok in the tracker so it seems it's the fault is in the Quickconnect-app. I even tried making the app device-admin with no luck.

Running Clearpass 6.5.2 

App version 1.0.71027

Anyone else tried and got it working?

/Tomas

• 2.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2015 09:02 AM
    Please open a TAC case so the can dig into it.

• 3.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Oct 12, 2015 09:20 AM

Ok, i'll do that.

Thanks, Tomas

• 4.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 02:39 AM

Please open a TAC case for tracking. I experienced the same, and found out that QuickConnect cannot delete the WLAN profile in Android 6.0, and that is supposed to be changed by Google 'by design'. An App may only delete or modify WLAN profiles that it created itself. Engineering is aware of this and working on it. Please send send me a personal message with the TAC case number if you want me to have a look at your TAC case.

As a workaround for now, you can Onboard over another SSID (Guest SSID may work), and delete the SSID that you are Onboarding to (typically the Corporate SSID) before Onboarding. In my own testing, I succesfully onboarded two Nexus devices running Android 6.0.

Herman

• 5.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Oct 13, 2015 03:27 AM

I've opened a TAC case and have sent them the logs from the quickconnect-app.

And the workaround works, i successfully onboarded using ourguest SSID. I guess we can use that for now. I'd rather have the same SSID-onboard working though, since people tend to forget to delete the connection to the guest-network and call helpdesk to complain that it isn't working the next day.

/Tomas

• 6.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Oct 22, 2015 05:15 AM

TAC has reproduced the problem and has reported it to the engineering team. 

• 7.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Nov 02, 2015 04:48 AM

TAC sent me a working Clearpass Quickconnect which will be published in the Play Store shortly.

• 8.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Nov 11, 2015 07:37 AM

tlilja wrote:

TAC sent me a working Clearpass Quickconnect which will be published in the Play Store shortly.

Thanks guys any update on when it will be published to the playstore?

• 9.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Nov 24, 2015 06:32 AM

Hi,

I continue with problem, it's not possible disable/enable wifi interface??. 

when deploy access profile, disable wifi interface but don't enable wifi interface?

Thanks..

• 10.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Nov 24, 2015 08:03 AM

My team reports that ours is now working for the Android 6 users with the new quick connect app but I don't think its a very smooth process.  Based on what I am reading the user has to go through our onboard process installs the app and gets the profiles but then gets a pop-up as shown below:

cq.jpg

After following the steps of forgetting the network and hitting the back button the user then has to follow a few other prompts which I am not 100% clear if its a complete reboard again or if the Onboard process just starts again with the profiles push but what ever it is, its working.

Only other report I had from the team is the new quick connect does not work for Android 5.1.

• 11.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:40 AM

Please open a TAC ticket about that Android 5.1 issue; and another one about that back button on Android 6.0. The back button worked for me, however it took about a second to respond, so you need to take some time. You may get prompts if (new) root certificates are installed; I don't think I saw those.

Herman

• 12.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted May 25, 2016 06:28 PM

Just curious if there was a fix for this.  We have a client with the same issue and I have opened a TAC case - Case #1885465.  Same exact problem but using the "back button" is not working.  I was hoping there was a permanent work around for this or a documented procedure.

Thanks!!!

• 13.  RE: Onboard Android 6.0 not working

Posted Sep 06, 2016 01:01 PM

I am also experiencing the Wi-Fi pop-up during the profile install on Android 6.0. I follow the prompts, but no luck. Android 5.1 tested just fine. 

My case number is 1935971.