Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 02:56 PM

Hi All, I'm trying to test SMS via Email gateway for MFA and have added the Phone Number abd Mobile Carrier fields to the device provisioning page, but it does not show any values.

When I go to SMS gateway to test, the dropdown there shows all the values. 

Is there a checkbox or setting that I need to select to have it pre-populate the drop down ?

N

• 2.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:15 PM
    Onboard --> Deployment and Provisioning Settings --> Web Login. Under Login Form, we have the option Custom Fields. When we click inside, we would see the list of all the fields available as a drop down. We can select and can proceed to save the provisioning settings.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/AAANACGuestAccessBYOD/article-id/579

• 3.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:15 PM
    Onboard --> Deployment and Provisioning Settings --> Web Login. Under Login Form, we have the option Custom Fields. When we click inside, we would see the list of all the fields available as a drop down. We can select and can proceed to save the provisioning settings.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/AAANACGuestAccessBYOD/article-id/579

• 4.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:27 PM
    That may not work

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:50 PM

The phone fields must come from the pre-authentication check, not the data form itself.  There is no workflow with the SMS MFA that supports up front registration.  The registration to store credentials and the phone details must be done elsewhere.

• 6.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:19 PM

So I would need a self registration page first to link those fields to the account and then could use the onboard provisioning MFA ?

N

• 7.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:22 PM
    You should return them from your identity store. MFA provides little
    security value if the user is defining their own MFA information.

• 8.  RE: Onboard - Mobile Carrier field on Onboard device provisioning page

Posted Feb 24, 2017 03:27 PM
    That may not work

Get Outlook for iOS