Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Oct 26, 2017 07:59 AM

Hello community,

I'm testing device onboarding with Microsoft Azure as identity provider (using OAuth 2.0). I followed the guideline "Onboard and Cloud Identity Providers" to set things up but being thrown the below error when trying to access the onboard page:

1.PNG

I'm not sure what field is unavailable (per the error message) and how to proceed. Really appreciate if someone can help me on this.

Thank you very much,

• 2.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 08:10 AM
    Are you being redirected as part of an Onboard flow or did you just manually go to it in your browser?

• 3.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Oct 26, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Tim,

I was just browsing to the onboard page manually (typing the URL https://mydomain/guest/device_provisioning.php to my browser). Was that the problem?

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 10:26 AM
    Yes. There are parameters added during redirection that are required.

• 5.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Oct 26, 2017 10:33 AM

So, I need to setup a real captive portal (pointing to onboard page) for this to work? Is that correct?

I'm using a Cisco wireless controller for testing. Can this solution work with Cisco, or does it have to be an Aruba device?

• 6.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 10:35 AM
    Yes. ClearPass is a multivendor product.

• 7.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Nov 20, 2017 10:50 PM

Hi,

We've tested SSO with Azure successfully. Now I'm planning to use Endpoint:social attributes in Endpoint repository to authorize users, in replace of LDAP. Is that possible? And have these endpoint attributes ever expired and cleaned up on CPPM?

Thank you,

• 8.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 10:54 PM
    Yes, you can use them in policy. They are only refreshed during a new OAuth 2.0 login event by the user on the device.

• 9.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Nov 21, 2017 02:04 AM

Hi Tim,

That means in case the users change their department, they have to re-onboard their devices in order to receive new attributes and new (updated) policy. Right?

Thank you,

• 10.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Nov 21, 2017 06:13 AM

There's a new issue I've found with SSO onboarding. Looks like it does not work with Ubuntu devices, because when I download the certificate and extract it with openssl, it complained that the import password was invalid (though I'm sure I entered the correct one). Could you please give me some advice? The number of Ubuntu users in my company are pretty high, so this is quite a serious issue.

Thank you,

• 11.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 08:57 AM
    Please open a TAC case.

• 12.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Nov 21, 2017 09:56 PM

Hi Tim,

I'll open a TAC case then (but apparently h10145.www.hpe.com cannot be resolved at the moment. I cannot access this page after login to cf.passport.hpe.com).

Return to my previous question. If I use Endpoint:social attributes for authorization and a user changes his department, he will need to re-onboard (do a whole new OAuth transaction) in order to receive the updated attributes and policy. Right?

Thank you,

• 13.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2017 09:59 PM
    Correct. You could build a workflow that has a basic web login setup that would occasionally redirect the user to re-validate their credentials which would update the information.

• 14.  RE: Onboard with Microsoft Azure as IdP

Posted Nov 22, 2017 11:55 PM

About Ubuntu issue when onboarding with SSO, my temporary solution is to use normal onboarding flow for Ubuntu, and SSO onboarding for other devices.