Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

Posted Aug 18, 2015 07:58 AM

Hi All

I have setup Onboard for a customer and it is acting strangely. We have a guest captive portal that has a link to the onboarding page. When you click on it the onboard process works up until it disconnects and then attempts to reconnect to the secure nework. Every time, rather than connecting to secure, it reconnects to guest. You can connect manually and that works using EAP-TLS but it doesnt work automically. Initially, the secure network was hidden and that didn't work at all, even with the 'hidden' checkbox enabled in the network profile settings. We've unhidden the network so that users can at least connect manually but this network will need to be hidden eventually.

Any ideas? Its the same for Android, Windows and iOS. CPPM version is 6.4.4, Aruba OS is 6.4.2.4 running on a 7210

• 2.  RE: Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:01 AM
    Do you have your provisioning profile set to connect automatically?

Keep in mind it will only work for Windows and Android.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:15 AM

Yes, auto connect is set

• 4.  RE: Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:02 AM
    This is expected. Devices will connect to the last SSID that they were connected to. The only way around this is to have the Captive Portal for the Onboard workflow be the result of an EAP-PEAP connection to the Secure SSID. Then after the Onboard process, they will reconnect to the Secure SSID automatically and switch to using EAP-TLS.

• 5.  RE: Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

Posted Aug 18, 2015 08:18 AM

Zach, I have done the same thing for lots of customers and it's always disconnected and then reconnected to the secure SSID. I can't get users to connect to the secure SSID and then captive portal them as the Secure is going to be hidden.

• 6.  RE: Onboard won't connect to the secure network automatically

Posted Aug 18, 2015 01:34 PM

Are you sure your CoA between ClearPass and controller is working? that was the fix to the same issue I faced.