Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboarding Profile installation failed

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Onboarding Profile installation failed

Posted Jun 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Has anyone recieved the following error when loading a provisioning profile to and iOS device that already has a existing Mobile Device Enrollment profile, had have a solution

"Profile Installation Failed...Remove the profile "Mobile Device Enrollment" before installing the profile

I have to be able to support two profiles on the device as we transition from Amigopod to Clearpass onboarding.

I did try changing the name of the new profile from 'mobile device enrollment' to 'mobilie device access' and received the same error message

Thanks

Randy

• 2.  RE: Onboarding Profile installation failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2014 04:35 AM
    Most mobile devices will not let you support two profiles for the same SSID. You can import the Amigopod certs ca and singing ca into CPPM so policy manger trust the certs that are presented and will auth the devices with the old profiles.

Just remember if OCSP is turned on the client or CPPM they will need to get to the old Amigopod server to check for revocation.

• 3.  RE: Onboarding Profile installation failed

Posted Jun 13, 2014 07:56 AM
    Troy...

In this case the customer will be using new ssids. Actually it's a whole new controller infrastructure as well. I am going to open a TAC case this morning. I will let you know what the resolution is. Thank you for your response

Regards...

Randall Bobula | 224-301-6401224-301-6401> mobile
    Aercor Wireless| Consulting Engineer |rlbobula@aercor.com224-301-6401>

• 4.  RE: Onboarding Profile installation failed

Posted Jun 16, 2014 04:21 AM

Just a quick question.. In IOS - did you do this using native browser Safari or Chrome? I kept getting this errormessage when I had Chrome as default browser. Then I tried Safari and it worked immediately.

If thats not the case - will be interresting to see what the problem was.