Security

Regular Contributor II

Onboarding device enrollment from a secure SSID

Hi Forum,

2 SSID's TLS and open. What would be the best way to enroll (register) a BYOD device from the secure SSID so I can connect it to the open SSID and get the onboarding workflow.

So employee on the TLS connected device can enroll 1 device on the open SSID. I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks,

Guru Elite

Re: Onboarding device enrollment from a secure SSID

I'm not sure I'm following. 

A standard dual SSID onboard would have a link at the bottom of the open captive portal with a link to the Onboard enrollment workflow.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor II

With dual, employee would have to provide AD credentials on the captive portal. I want to do this without AD but for devices that are pre registered.

Guru Elite

The Onboard workflow will always require some type of authentication whether
it be a ClearPass web login, SAML/SSO, or OAuth2.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor II

Thank you for the clarification.

MVP

On that note Tim.. On a single SSID solution - how to get single sign-on working for the onboarding workflow using the authentication session from the .1x?

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Guru Elite

You can use Aruba Auto Sign-On with the caveat that you won't be able to do manual enrollment.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: