Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onborading inquiry ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Onborading inquiry ?

Posted Aug 15, 2015 09:32 AM

Dears now  I understood that onboard are for corporate users who will have their personal mobile devices and they want to connet to secure network so I can see that any user can connect to secure network with their credential normally so how I can prevent useres from using any other mobile dvice until they do onborading and I need to understand this point please also what about wired users can we do onboarding for them as I saw in the network setting section we entered Secure SSID so this is mainly Mobility section so please I will be glade if you can help me to gainmore knowledge about this section as I'm so intersted to now more and thanks.

• 2.  RE: Onborading inquiry ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2015 09:35 AM
    You simply say that any user that connects using username/password has to be pushed to the onboard process.

Yes, onboard can be done on the wired side as well. You can tell Onboard to configure both wired and wireless in one process as well.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Onborading inquiry ?

Posted Aug 15, 2015 09:44 AM

so dear tim thats a good answer also please for the wreless scnario as below:

Corporae SSID:Employee (Seure)

Onboard SSID:BYOD (Onborading

now for Example : Im a corportae user I have 2  devices Corporate laptop and my mobile device

now i connected with corportae laptop to Emloye SSID and asked for username and password and conected normally ,now for mobile device I also connected to Emplyee SID and I etered Username and password and It worked without onboarding so how can I prevent this to happen an enforce user to do onboardng but I think if I sad any device tye with smarphone to have deny access this will be the action after onboarding and this device will not connect so please correctme if Iwrong and how to do ths

• 4.  RE: Onborading inquiry ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2015 09:47 AM
    Well you'd either need to utilize machine authentication and/or push down AD certs to your corporate devices so you know they are corporate.

Thanks,
    Tim