Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onguard deployment guide

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jul 19, 2013 01:54 AM

HI All,

I'm in the middle of trying to setup an Onguard deployment for a customer however despite the bits and pieces in the Clearpass deployment guide i can't find any really comprehensive guide to deployment or the options / capabilities of the client.

Does anybody know of any resource that you may be able to share that could assist with planning / deploying onguard?

Scott

• 2.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jul 30, 2013 10:02 PM

so after speaking with the local SE's and the TAC, i have found out that no such document exists.

looks like its going to be lots of lab time this week!

Can someone from Aruba please take not that this is a bit missing piece of the Clearpass documentation set and would be of great benefit!

Scott

• 3.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2013 10:09 PM
    Scott,

The OnGuard guide is currently being worked on. It is a high priority document for the clearpass team. I will post a notice when it is completed.

• 4.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jul 30, 2013 10:19 PM

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the update.

Is there a draft version available at all for partners?

Scott

• 5.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2013 10:23 PM
    Sorry nothing yet I will let you know :(

• 6.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

MVP
    Posted Aug 08, 2013 11:08 AM

I was just searching for similar documentation, any releases yet?

• 7.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2013 11:12 AM
    Sorry nothing yet. I will keep everyone posted

• 8.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

MVP
    Posted Sep 10, 2013 04:59 AM

This realy is one document we all need, so we'll just keep bugging you untill we get our guide you know :smileywink:

• 9.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2013 06:25 PM
    It is done and currently being reviewed, so I hope we will release it soon. :)

• 10.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Sep 11, 2013 01:39 AM

Outstanding.

Looking forward to this.

Have yet to get a chance to test Onguard but it is on the list!

• 11.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Oct 23, 2013 08:10 AM

Dear Troy...

Any update on the document??

Regards,

Mohammed Shiraz Mukram

• 12.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Nov 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Any update to this?

• 13.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Feb 26, 2014 02:57 PM

lets throw in another is it ready yet?

• 14.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Feb 27, 2014 09:42 PM
    We'll they need one especially after the integration with clearpass guest in 6.3.0

• 15.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2014 11:36 PM

I know.. I know... We have been all asking for one. Between everyone wanting Cluster Docs, Palo Alto intergration, MDM intergration, and a New Certificate docs the guys have been busy. Its on the list to be done and remember there is added information in the help section of the server.

I will put in bold letters when its done....:smileyvery-happy:

• 16.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jun 24, 2014 12:48 PM

Hello Troy,

I am also looking for the Onguard deployment guide. It has been a few months since the last update and would like to get an ETA on when it will be released.

If the document is done and they are reviewing the document , is it possible to get the rough draft of it?

Also who is in charge of releaseing the documation within Aruba?

Thank you,

Brian.

• 17.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jun 24, 2014 04:37 PM

Team,

Looking into the thread it started before I joined Aruba....wow...... there is a list of TechNotes that we are writing in beween our other twenty task that cross our desk each and every day..... and an OnGuard Deployment Guide is one of them, just not in the top 3 currently.

I can tell you this, the next doc I will release will be an OnGuard Troubleshooitng TechNote, expect this to be posted this week or early next. 

The doc I'm working on currently is an CPPM & F5 Best Practice TechNote..... expect this mid/end July, following that will be working to close a doc I started 12-months ago which keeps getting pushed out to 'higher demaning' requests is the Cluster Best Practice Guide, followd by an update to my PKI 101 document..... this in-between the other 19 jobs I need to do daily this takes us to end of August/early September......

Finally when I post a new/Updated TechNote...... I notifiy the community here on this thread......

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/TechNotes-Posted-to-support-arubanetworks-com/m-p/149610/highlight/true#M10754

Hope that helps a little, if not to give you the document you currently want.....as Troy poined out there is good online help assistance.....

• 18.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jun 25, 2014 02:13 AM

Hi Danny,

Where can I find  OnGuard Deployment Guide ... I have been checking the url : http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/6866/Default.aspx

We have Onboard deployement Guide, but I don't see any deployment guide for Onguard.

Please help me to go to the right location to find one.

Regards,

Mohammed Shiraz

• 19.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 02:24 AM
    As Danny stated in his last post it is not done. Currently the only one is OnGuard in a cluster.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/7961/Default.aspx

• 20.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jun 25, 2014 02:30 AM

Thanks Troy.

I thought it was already posted there.  My Fault :)

Regards,

Mohammed Shiraz

• 21.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Apr 15, 2015 10:11 PM

Just checking back in to see if a guide has been created yet for OnGuard?

• 22.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Jun 09, 2015 10:53 PM

Bueller. Bueller.

• 23.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2015 11:51 AM

Sorry for the delay on this ask. We have shuffled some priorities and are focusing on getting the document out very soon (~2 weeks out). If there are specific questions right now, please let us know.

Best regards,

Madani

• 24.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Dec 30, 2015 01:44 PM

So the last post (6 months ago) said it was maybe 2 weeks out. So I'll be that guy, is it out yet :-)

• 25.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

• 26.  RE: Onguard deployment guide

Posted Dec 30, 2015 01:52 PM

Thanks Cappi!!