Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onguard not detecting peer-to-peer applications on Mac OS X

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Onguard not detecting peer-to-peer applications on Mac OS X

Posted Oct 04, 2019 02:36 AM

I'm testing Onguard on Mac and Windows clients and although everything seems to work fine with Windows, the persistent OnGuard client on Mac OS X (10.13) is failing to detect peer-to-peer applications.  I've tried to get it to detect both Filezilla and Cyberduck applications are running, for example, and it continues to give me Healthy posture.  It does correctly detect non-running Antivirus and Firewall states so it appears the agent is otherwise working OK.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  (ClearPass v6.8.2)

• 2.  RE: Onguard not detecting peer-to-peer applications on Mac OS X

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 02:56 AM

I just tested with 10.14.6 and had no issues. I would double check that you are modifying the policy and you have the agent check in after you make the change. The settings are not pushed to the onguard client. The client pulls down the updated scan when it checks in. If that dosent fix it then you might need to open a TAC case so they can look at the logs. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.50.55 AM.png

• 3.  RE: Onguard not detecting peer-to-peer applications on Mac OS X

Posted Oct 07, 2019 06:52 PM

Thanks Troy.

I tested on a different laptop with 10.14 and the OnGuard agent correctly detects Filezilla, etc. so it appears to be a problem with the earlier 10.13 OS X system.  I didn't appear to have any trouble modifying the policy but double-checked this through logging and in again, rebooting, etc. but this made no difference.

I'll log a TAC case as you suggested.

Regards,

John