Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Portal for users to add MAC authenticated devices

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Portal for users to add MAC authenticated devices

Posted Oct 22, 2018 02:11 PM

Looking to build a portal where certains users are able to add MAC authenticated devices for certain VLANs. For example HVAC guy could add devices to group that would configure the switch port in HVAC VLAN. And in the same portal another user might be able to add ethernet connected lights to another group and another VLAN.

Is this possible to do with Clearpass Guest? I'm not looking for detailed configurations, but rather if I could/(should) go this route or for example build such portal from scratch.

Does the Clearpass internal device database scale well, we have hundreds of these devices. I guess I'd have to use DIY portal if I wanted to use MS SQL for example?

Thanks for any ideas!

• 2.  RE: Portal for users to add MAC authenticated devices
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 02:14 PM
    The built in ClearPass Device Registration portal is designed for exactly this use case, registering headless devices.

• 3.  RE: Portal for users to add MAC authenticated devices

Posted Oct 23, 2018 12:00 PM

Any thoughts how well the internal DB scales, at what point I should be looking at external SQL server database?