Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Posture Checking with EAP-TLS

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Posture Checking with EAP-TLS

Posted Jan 29, 2013 12:19 PM

Hello Everyone,

I would like to perform posture checking on my wireless clients who are authenticating with EAP-TLS, however in windows i cannot find a way to enable the NAP agent on the EAP-TLS configured wireless network.

From looking online i found that you need to enable Enable Quarantine checks but the instructions only refer to EAP-PEAP:

To view PEAP properties of a network connection for wireless 802.1X-authenticated computers, right-click the wireless network connection, click Status, click Wireless Properties, click the Security tab, and under Choose a network authentication method, next to Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP), click Settings.

Is it currently possible to do health checking via clearpass and NAP agents for clients connecting via EAP-TLS?

Thanks,

-ELiasz

• 2.  RE: Posture Checking with EAP-TLS
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2013 12:37 PM

Posted too soon.

I had to enabled the EAP Quarantine Enforcement Client on the device under NAPCLCFG.MSC

Also i configured the wireless profiles with EAP-PEAP outer method, and EAP-TLS as the inner method(to still allow for certificate authentication). This allows the NAP Check to be performed since it requires EAP-PEAP.

Hope this helps anyone who may come across this,

-ELiasz