Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Pre-populating Aruba VIA settings for offline installation using Windows command line options

I'm trying to get Window version of Aruba VIA configured using command line. Target is to have one single command to get it installed&configured without user intervention. I'm using command msiexec for the task:

msiexec /i <via-package>.msi GATEWAY=<gatewayip> AUTHPROFILE=<auth-profile> GETCONFIG=1 USER=<username> PASSWORD=<password> NOCERTWARN=1

The command fails, and when I'm looking at the VIA logs it shows the client trying to connect to gateway but it fails with message "401 Unauthorized". I checked controller logs but don't see anything with reference to the username I'm using above. Any ideas?

Also, is there a definitive document about the command line arguments for Windows version of VIA? I've tried to find some but it seems most of the documentation is done in... release notes.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Pre-populating Aruba VIA settings for offline installation using Windows command line options

You are right.  There is no definitive documentation for wrapping the installer beyond the release notes.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

Re: Pre-populating Aruba VIA settings for offline installation using Windows command line options

Thanks, cjoseph.

In case you happen to have a proven set of command and options that will populate VIA settings automatically I certainly would appreciate this. Target is to be able to provide a single CLI command that will populate VIA settings for one controller and profile only. We don't need list of gateways etc... just one gateway and profile settings that can be launched automatically during enrollment process, without user intervention.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Highlighted

Yes, just today again tried that procedure. I just need one gateway and that's it. Resulting .exe file did not provide any log entries whatsoever.

FWIW, that doc is not available in the ASP portal and it took some time get my hands on it (due to legacy support portal access rights).

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Do you have VIA clients already working normally with the manual installation?  If you do, please open a Technical Support case so that they can troubleshoot.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: