Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Prefill some fields based on operator login

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Prefill some fields based on operator login

Posted Aug 03, 2017 07:44 AM

Hi guys. Just wondering if there is a way we can prefill some fields based on operator login?

I have a customer where multiple facilities are using same ClearPass server to mnage guest access. The accounts are being creaed by the facility manager at each site. Based on operator login, they was to pre-fill some fields.

One option I thought was to have different account creation page for each operator which didn't interest the customer.

Is there any other way we can prefill field X as "AB" if operator FACILITY1 logs in to create the account and prefill the same field X as "CD" if operator "FACILITY2" logs in?

• 2.  RE: Prefill some fields based on operator login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:12 AM

Definitely possible using Javascript with the field configuration but unfortunately I don't have an example right now.

• 3.  RE: Prefill some fields based on operator login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 09:32 AM

Why didn't think like just getting multiple forms?  Duplicate the create form, create extra operator profiles, in the profile settings override the pages you need (find the checkbox at the very bottom), and then in the Translation Rules match them appropriately.

• 4.  RE: Prefill some fields based on operator login

Posted Aug 03, 2017 10:01 AM
    Though creating multiple forms makes perfect sense to me, customer is not happy with the solution. Over the next year, they'll have around 70 facilities across Australia. Any change required in the registration form will have to be replicated across 70 forms.