Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

Posted Jan 19, 2016 02:58 PM

I am moving our Prime Infrastructure authentication over to ClearPass and looking to populate the TACACS service attributes.  The problem is that I have about 200 line items that seem to have to be entered in manually.  Is there any way that I can import this data instead of typing line-by-line?

• 2.  RE: Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

Posted Jan 19, 2016 03:42 PM

not sure where you want to do this, else i could give you a definite yes or no.

but in general if you can export something in clearpass you can also import something. so if the section offers you a way to export that part of the config you can look at that exported config and change / add to it.

• 3.  RE: Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

Posted Jan 19, 2016 03:48 PM

Please see the attached screenshot.  There is no export for this partiular data that I can see.  I created the TACACS dictionary service for Prime along with the list of tasks but to actually enter in values for these, they seem to have to be entered into the attributes area.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 2.44.43 PM.png

• 4.  RE: Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2016 03:50 PM
    If you export the enforcement profile, you'll see the XML format. You can add in the rest and import it back in.

• 5.  RE: Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

Posted Jan 19, 2016 03:57 PM

I did create a custom TACACS service dictionary but the XML does not include the actual service attribute "value"...

<ServiceAttribute dataType="String" dispName="task0" name="task0"/>

When I tried to add one called "value", I was told it was an invalid tag.  

• 6.  RE: Prime Infrastructure Service Attributes

Posted Jan 19, 2016 04:03 PM

Tim,

I read your post too quickly but that is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  I didn't even think to export the entire profile and edit it.  Thank you so much!