Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem creating operator login

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Problem creating operator login

Posted May 23, 2013 12:41 AM
      |   view attached

Trying to create an operator login to sponsor guests in CPPM 6.1.  Followed documentation but when logining in as the operator I do not see any configuration options displayed. Any pointers on how to get this to work??

<see attached screenshot >

Followed following guidance on online help

To create a new operator or administrator for ClearPass Guest or AirGroup, some steps are performed in ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM), and some steps are performed in ClearPass Guest, as described below:

1.Create an operator profile in ClearPass Guest, or use an existing one. See Operator Profiles.
     *To create an AirGroup user, choose either the AirGroup Administrator or AirGroup Operator profile, as appropriate. These profiles are automatically included in ClearPass Guest when the AirGroup Services plugin is installed.
     *MACTrac users are created entirely in CPPM.
     2.Create a CPPM role for the operator: In CPPM, go to Configuration > Identity > Roles and create a role that matches the operator profile. Refer to the ClearPass Policy Manager documentation for information on creating the role.
     *When creating AirGroup users or MACTrac users, the appropriate roles are already created in CPPM.
     3.Create a local user for the operator: In CPPM, go to Configuration > Identity > Local Users and click Add User. In the Add Local User form, complete the fields and choose the appropriate role from the Role drop-down list.
     *To create an AirGroup user, choose either the AirGroup Administrator or AirGroup Operator role, as appropriate.
     *To create a MACTrac user, choose the MACTrac Operator role. This form completes MACTrac user creation; the following steps are not required.
     4.Create a translation rule to map the CPPM role name to the ClearPass Guest operator profile: In ClearPass Guest, go to Administration > Operator Logins > Translation Rules.
     5.In the Translation Rules list, choose the profile, then click its Edit link.
     6.Edit the fields appropriately to match the CPPM role name to the ClearPass Guest operator profile. See LDAP Translation Rules.
     7.Click Save Changes.

• 2.  RE: Problem creating operator login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2013 01:21 AM

Are you trying to use local user or AD/LDAP lookup?

• 3.  RE: Problem creating operator login

Posted May 23, 2013 01:52 AM

Not connecting to AD/LDAP. Am using local users only.

Created local user in CPPM

• 4.  RE: Problem creating operator login
    Best Answer

Posted May 23, 2013 07:11 AM

For the translation portion of the instructions, what role did you map your operators to?    In that role, did you assign any privileges?  Also, what start page did you configure for the role (under the User Interface section when editing the role within Guest)?

• 5.  RE: Problem creating operator login

Posted May 28, 2013 02:00 PM

Thanks, I ended up not using the existing reception profile but creating a new operator profile .. which worked.

• 6.  RE: Problem creating operator login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2016 01:46 PM

Hello. 

I have the same problem. when I try to connect using the operator access nothing happen!! when I check the traker on CPPM I see the conection accepted!! so I think the problem is that i dont have any web page created!!

how a activate or create the web page that the operator will use??