Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem to Join to Domain

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Problem to Join to Domain

Posted May 07, 2018 07:08 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Airheads Community,

I have a issue trying to add ClearPass to an AD Domain. I enter the FQDN, ClearPass found the NetBIOS and we try to introduce the Admin's Credentials with a strange error (Null), if we introduce bad credentials, we can see the common errors for this mistake error, We don't have firewall blocking or DNS problems.

I've already check all the common tips and errors described in these posts:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/First-CPPM-Server-Error-joining-Domain/td-p/225293

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Common-ClearPass-domain-join-errors/ta-p/192591

But is hard to explain the problem because we only have an error that only shows the code NULL. I attach the screenshot of this problem.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Problem to Join to Domain

Posted Sep 25, 2019 05:46 AM

Hello,

We had this exact same issue after migrating ClearPass from a Hardware appliance to a virtual appliance using backup/restore. After migration to the virtual appliance tried to domain join the nodes to the domain but getting the same error null.

The credentials that were being used to try and join the domain didn't have enough privileges. Used a set of credentials where the username was a member of domain admin group. Node joined straight away. Hope this helps.

J

• 3.  RE: Problem to Join to Domain

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2020 07:55 PM
    I saw this exact error today and the fix was to use a different AD credential to join the domain. The administrator account the customer was attempting to use did not work for some reason (we did not hunt for a root cause - but could be a rename of the default Administrator account).

Thanks Grubbs91 for posting your fix.