Security

Super Contributor II

Re: Problem to Social Login Facebook

I'm note sure but I thought that ClearPass needs to acces facebook. So, is clearpass able to access graph.facebook.com?

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

From clearpass I can not ping to graph.facebook.com because the clearpass server is not connected to the internet, but from the controller I can ping to this facebook link because the controller has an interface released for internet.
Where might the problem be in this case? I could not identify if any configuration is missing.captive portal whitelist.PNGping clearpass para graph facebook.PNGping controller for facebook.PNG

Guru Elite

ClearPass needs to be able to access Facebook.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I do not understand, is not it the controller that makes the request for facebook? Will I have to put the clearpass server to access the internet (facebook) to solve this problem?

Guru Elite

ClearPass needs to make calls to Facebook to pull the user info.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

OK. tomorrow I will request the inclusion of rule to release the clearpass on the internet and I will post the result here. thank you.

Even inserting the clearpass in the rule of access to the internet we have the following error to access by facebook.

This error when I enter facebook user and password I go back to the captive portal with this message below.

OAuthException "," code "," OAuthException "," code "," OAuthException "," OAuthException "," code " : 1, "fbtrace_id": "E67Id0JISXe"}}

Aruba Employee

That error is displayed to the Guest??  If it is in the Application Log paste it in it's entirety.  There should have been a descriptive 'message' from them.  That blob is all coming back from their call to graph.

To be clear, guests need a whitelist to www.facebook.com (and a few others for images), and ClearPass needs graph.facebook.com.  

access tracker.PNGYes this message is that the client receives network guest with captive portal in clearpass.
now the client only returns to the portal after validating the user.
See the error screens.access track2.PNG

Aruba Employee

Your second shot does not show the Social auth source as one it even checked.  Can you rise it in priority?  Do you have a local guest with the same username?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: