Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Protect from connecting switch to the network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Protect from connecting switch to the network

Posted Nov 20, 2017 01:08 AM

Hi guys,

Basic configuration deployed at our network for an endpoints is DOT.1x and Mac-Authentication. If i want to protect from connecting rouge switches, How should i do that ? Using 802.1x, Mac, Other method?

We have only Comware5, Comware7 Switches with Cisco small router (1920) at our branches.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Protect from connecting switch to the network

Posted Dec 03, 2017 07:18 AM

Anyone ?

• 3.  RE: Protect from connecting switch to the network

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:13 PM

Basic configuration deployed at our network for an endpoints is DOT.1x and Mac-Authentication. If i want to protect from connecting rouge switches, How should i do that ? Using 802.1x, Mac, Other method?

We have only Comware5, Comware7 Switches with Cisco small router (1920) at our branches.

Well, not a single bit of traffic will pass to the connected switch as long as it isn't authenticated. Rogue switches shouldn't be able to authenticate to your ports.

• 4.  RE: Protect from connecting switch to the network

Posted Dec 14, 2017 10:23 AM

for my case, i connected a small hub (8 ports), the hub connected to my switch with 802.1x+ MAC auth.

the 1st user connect to the hub will get mac auth through the hub, but the next one authenticate will make the 1st user disconnected