Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:39 PM

Hi,

I deployed clearpass cluster of two nodes where the data interface sits in a public network reachable from the controller by placing on physical port into that public network.

The problem is that everything is going through the Data port which has no reachability internally and I wasn't able to get anything internal to work until i removed the data interface(temporarily).

Any ideas on how to get my mgmt interface to be the default interface for traffic and not the data interface?

• 2.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:41 PM
    Use just the management interface.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:43 PM

Thanks,

The customer requirement is to have the guest traffic be isolated into their own vlan. but now clearpass is using that data port for everything and nothing internal is working.

• 4.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:45 PM
    Guess traffic will still be isolated but you just allow captive portal to the management interface.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:50 PM

Still won't work.

the guest network isn't going through any firewall.

The controller, ClearPass, Switch all have physical connection to service provider router and to the Internet, I made up vlan on the switch and the controller vlan 61 is made and a dhcp server on the controller for guest.

• 6.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:53 PM
    Captive portal will be served up on the data interface. RADIUS will go through the management interface. Not sure I understand the issue.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 7.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:56 PM

Sorry if I'm confusing you but here is an example of an issue:

Trying to join clearpass to the domain, trying to add AD as an auth source is being done through the guest/ DATA port and is going nowhere. The point is that ClearPass is trying to resolve AD name on the DATA port and is failing because the DNS is internal and there isn't any DNS on the DATA port that can translate AD hostname to IP address.

• 8.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2015 04:59 PM
    Give the management interface a DNS address and remove dns from the data interface.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 9.  RE: Question about ClearPass 6.X. Services tech note

Posted Aug 22, 2015 05:03 PM

The DNS in MGMT-internal only. Even pinging the DNS ip from cppm CLI did not work until I removed the DATA port IP.