Security

Occasional Contributor I

Questions about Airmatch and Client Match on MM

Althgouh going though fundamental guide, still got a bit confused on these two concepts in the following two questions

1. How to upgrade Airmatch and Client Match on MM

a. Upgrade Airmatch and Client match through a global software upgrade

b. Upgrde Client match as part of a global software upgrade, and upgrade Airmatch seperately as a loadable service module (LSM)

c. Upgrade Airmatch and Client match seperately as a loadable service module (LSM)

d. Upgrade Airmatch as part of a global software upgrade, and upgrade Client match seperately as a loadable service module (LSM)

2. When adding several new APs in an Aruba solution that uses Airmatch, the adminstrator wants to ensure that EIRP is correct for all APs in network, but doesn't need all channels optimized immediately. What should the administrator do to meet this goal?

a. Run an on-demand quick Airmatch optimization

b. Run an on-demand incremental Airmatch optimization

c. Temporarily enable ARM on the existing and new APs, while Airmatch scheduling remains enabled

d. Temporarily disable Airmatch scheduling, and then enable ARM on the existing and new APs 

Guru Elite

Re: Questions about Airmatch and Client Match on MM

1. a- No Loadable Service Modules have been released for partial upgrades.

2. e.  Do nothing.  An Airmatch quick solution will be run for newly added APs automatically.  A full optimization will be run and delivered at 5am every morning by default.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

thank you so much Joseph

New Contributor

Hi Joseph,

For Question 1), ACMA v8 Study Guide stated that airmatch is an LSM & could be upgraded without overall software upgrade. Is that not true or I missed something here? Newbie to Aruba world.
Q2) Shouldn't it be d?

Both the above questions have come on the ACMA v8 exam attempted recently. Would greatly appreciate if more information or reference be provided for clarification.

Regards,

SaiRohit

Guru Elite

To upgrade both, you would upgrade the ArubaOS on the MM.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

2. e.  Do nothing. ???

In the exam option e does not exist. Should it be left unanswered?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: