Security

Contributor I

Re: RADIUS Client did not complete EAP transaction Clearpass 6.3.1

Hi xdrewpjx,

I've actually seen a similar issue with a client using OSX. After much troubleshooting we found that it was the combination of having bluetooth connected and trying to associate to ClearPass using EAP-TLS. As soon as we disabled bluetooth on the MacBook Pro the client was able to connect.

Regards,

Chris

Regular Contributor I

So we have a self signed Cert on our Clearpass for the Radius cert. I can export this cert and install it on a Windows machine as a Trusted CA, Which works well for accepting the cert without popping up asking if the server is trusted on the client.

However, we are still seeing the same EAP Transaction error from the test clients. It seems to happen about every 10 minutes. This is happening on Win 7/8/8.1

Does Clearpass add the  id-kp-eapOverLAN  extension onto it's self signed certs? Is there a way to add it if not?

Regular Contributor I

Sorry to double post but here is an update to the way I notice things happening. Generally if the computer is going to have an issue on this network connection it happens in the first few minutes of connection.

After that, it requires being idle for a longer period of time. Seems to be longer than about 45-50minutes. 

This makes me want to believe it is a client side issue, but I am not sure what I could possibly configure differently to mimimize this issue. 

I want to believe it is related to the self-signed cert.  However, these clients were all connecting fine using the previous self-signed cert. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

"Hi xdrewpjx,

I've actually seen a similar issue with a client using OSX. After much troubleshooting we found that it was the combination of having bluetooth connected and trying to associate to ClearPass using EAP-TLS. As soon as we disabled bluetooth on the MacBook Pro the client was able to connect."

I have the same problem. But i need the Bluetooth to be enabled.

Super Contributor II

did anybody figure this out? 

having this problem myself now with Windows 7 client,  Aruba OS and Cisco switches. CPPM 6.4.2

Initial packet fails (timeout on CPPM) but next auth succeeds. 

Scott

Frequent Contributor I

I cannot speak to Windows 7 issues, however I can provide an update to the issue with Macbooks.  

After working with Apple Support, we found that Mac clients which had been Onboarded (Single SSID onboarding) still had the PEAP credentials for the SSID in their Login keychain and that was causing an issue with the OS X supplicant.  Deleting the 802.1X password (PEAP credentials) from the keychain resolved the issue. 

Super Contributor II

we have a different issue then, my problem is with Win 7 and Cisco IP phone doing EAP-TLS. Will keep searching!

Scott

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: