Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

RADIUS CoA to mobility master

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  RADIUS CoA to mobility master

Posted May 14, 2019 04:54 AM
      |   view attached

We've just migrated our dev WiFi from 6.5 to 8.5

The attached image shows current setup. All airgroup configs done at the "dev(2)" level.

Looking at clearpass Access-Tracker, I can see the normal wifi device auths and the Airgroup Authorization Service  request/sesponse entries. These come from the mobility master arubammdev0

In 6.5 I could do a RADIUS CoA and force a terminate session. With our current setup in 8.5 I'm not given the option of performing a CoA. The mobility master is configured as a device correctly in clearpass  with CoA on 3999

so, given that clearpass has port 3999 configured for CoA and I'm logging onto arubammdev0 using my credentials via the clearpass server, how does clearpass decide whether it can use CoA on 3999 back to a device?

Conf/System/Profiles/RFC 3576 server/ seems to have both my clearpass servers in there ... assuming with correct shared key ... I didn't set it up 

• 2.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2019 05:19 AM

Sigh!

logged into CLI on the box , had a look and no, the RFC3756 servers didn;t have a key asigned :-(

A

• 3.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master

Posted May 14, 2019 10:29 AM
      |   view attached

Follpwing on from the above ...

Attached image shows the output of Airgroup Diagnostics for a sample mac address. It says that airgroup CoA requests will be sent  to the mm controller 144.32.76.54

Fine but where do I enable acceptance of RADIUS  CoA traffic  on port 5999 ? Can create a clearpass Airgroup profile on the mobility master. Can only do it on the managed network tree  but clearpass isn't sending CoAs to 5999 on that its sending it to themmaster :5999

• 4.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master

Posted May 14, 2019 05:20 AM
    I suppose that the NAS IP is set to the MM IP. There are two options for this.

* Configure a VRRP IP within the cluster. A unique IP per cluster node (recommended)
    * Set the RADIUS NAS IP at the MDC. For example > ip radius nas-ip nas-vlan x

• 5.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master

Posted May 14, 2019 08:10 AM

Yup

See clearpass input  in attached file

A

• 6.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2019 08:16 AM
    Both of these are required in a cluster.

• 7.  RE: RADIUS CoA to mobility master

Posted May 14, 2019 08:10 AM
      |   view attached

Yup

See clearpass input  in attached file

A