Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

Posted Nov 10, 2016 03:20 PM

So I want to query for a specific device mac. In the API explorer I create a json filter '{"mac":"xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx"}' and this works. In the return I see the create_time field is

"create_time": 1478804392  

So I create a filter '{"mac":"xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx","create_time":"1478804392"}'

And this does not work. Is something wrong with my syntax? I should be able to do a multi-field query correct? I've also tried the query without the quotes around the time stamp but that doesn't work either.

• 2.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2016 03:25 PM

Try removing the quotes around the create_time value:

{"mac":"xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx","create_time":1478804392}

• 3.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

Posted Nov 10, 2016 03:32 PM

Thanks, but that didn't work either. I tried a query with only the create_time and that didn't work either. I did a query with the start_time though and that worked. It looks like it might be just something with the create_time field itself.

• 4.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2016 04:00 PM
    When you do a GET, is that attribute returned?

• 5.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

Posted Nov 10, 2016 04:04 PM

@cappalli wrote:
    When you do a GET, is that attribute returned?

Yes.

• 6.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2016 07:46 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need to filter on both of those attributes
    simultaneously? There can only be one account in the database with a
    particular username.

• 7.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2

Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:38 AM

@cappalli wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need to filter on both of those attributes
    simultaneously? There can only be one account in the database with a
    particular username.

I was just testing. What I really want to do is return all devices that were created before a certain date. Like I said I did the query with just the create_time and it didn't work either. I think I'll open a TAC case and see if they can recreate the issue. I can do the date checking within my script if I need to for now.

• 8.  RE: REST API JSON filter not working 6.6.2
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2016 11:03 AM

I opened a case with the TAC and they confirmed the issue was happening on their server. They will open a ticket with engineering to look into it.

@miker wrote:

I was just testing. What I really want to do is return all devices that were created before a certain date. Like I said I did the query with just the create_time and it didn't work either. I think I'll open a TAC case and see if they can recreate the issue. I can do the date checking within my script if I need to for now.