Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

RFC3576 CoA Disconnect sample Packet -

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RFC3576 CoA Disconnect sample Packet -

Posted Oct 25, 2016 12:57 PM

Inclined readers,

Fist of all this is my first post, if I am violating one the forum rules- my apologies beforehand. Furthermore I am afraid that this post might be slightly OT, but it was the area where most the post regarding RFC3576 could be found.

I was tasked to connect our Captive Portal WLAN running on our Aruba Instant-Group (consisting of W-AP225s with verison  6.4.2.6-4.1.3.0_54915) to our campus Management system using freeradius and some perl magic. ClearPass itself is unfortunaltely a no-issue.

However, in some cases  I would need to disassociate a device using a Radius CoA packet.

I am a bit at a loss with the documentation here (or just blind), so that's why I am asking you guys...

My question is: I need to put together the Disconnect-Request packet. Could anyone provide me, with the neccessary AV-pairs that need to be sent to the controller hosting the CP to disconnect a user that logged on using the Captive portal? A wireshark screenshot (or the Aruba PDF that I've been missing) would make me just as happy ;-)

Any help would be much appreciated

and I hope I provided all the data needed...

Greetings from Austria,

George

• 2.  RE: RFC3576 CoA Disconnect sample Packet -

Posted Oct 25, 2016 02:56 PM

Just closing the loop on this post; as was answered in your other posting:

The Calling-Station-Id should be all that is required.