Security

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Radius failing on Windows 7, but not 10.

@ngutri wrote:

Try to delete Windows 7 wireless profile in "Control Panel - Network and Internet - Manage Wireless Networks" and rebuild a new profile manually.  Pay attention in "authentication method" and probably uncheck the "Validate server certificate"  

I did that and it didn't work out. I even attempted to type in the domain and password as well instead of using windows credentials.

Super Contributor II

Try this in the profile:

1. In Advanced settings, force it to use user authentication

1.PNG

2. Make sure uncheck valid server cert and Automatic use windows logon

2.PNG

Also check and update wireless network driver  

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Occasional Contributor I

@ngutri wrote:

Try this in the profile:

1. In Advanced settings, force it to use user authentication

1.PNG

2. Make sure uncheck valid server cert and Automatic use windows logon

2.PNG

Also check and update wireless network driver  

I've done right about every configuration change I could think of in that. Along with the one that you've shown. I read a lot online and it was one of the suggestions. Sadly, it didn't seem to work in my case. I've also completely reformatted the test machine just so it didn't have all the patches and still I have no luck with it. I've checked the computer cert and it's still vaild as well.

MVP Guru

Do you know what you patched? Was it cables? Switches? Access Points? The client? Win 7, Win 10, both? Was it the NPS server? Certificates? What version is the Windows server that NPS runs on?

Is it just on Wireless, or also on Wired (if deployed wired 802.1X)?

Have you tried to run a packet capture on the client and NPS server already to see if there is an indication in there?

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: