Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Re run Dissolvable Agent process

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Re run Dissolvable Agent process

Posted Jun 12, 2014 09:07 AM
    Hi

I want to recheck health of machine by using dissolvable agent after every one hour. I m new to clearpass.

Kindly assist me to configure it. My dissolvable Agent is working fine but it checj only once health of machine. I want it to re-check hralth after every one hour.

Regards,
    Atif
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2014 04:49 AM
    Please work with your local CPPM partner or SE.

There quite a few things that need to be checked on your service before it can be enforced.

1. Change posture timeout
    2. Disconnect user so it forces a reauth
    3. Edit Mac caching service
    4. Edit .1x service

Etc.....

• 3.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2014 10:28 AM

Dissolable agent works via a portal login. Do you really want people being logged out every hour? Guests I presume?

• 4.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

Posted Jun 14, 2014 03:48 PM

Yes, I want to reauthenticate user after not specifically one hour but after certain time.

• 5.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2014 10:29 AM

I hear that if you set a time limit using Enforcement Profiles > Guest Session Timeout. SE sent me this text and image - The red box indicates the value that can be set, in this case it is taking the value from the guest account expiration field and setting the session-timeout to what time is left on the account, or this can be set to any number of "seconds" the user wants.

re run.png

• 6.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

Posted Jun 21, 2014 11:24 AM

All, too be clear, you can use that session-timeout attribute in any enforcement profile.

• 7.  RE: Re run Dissolvable Agent process

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2014 11:30 AM
    Just make sure you have RADIUS accounting turned up on the NAD side.

Sent from Surface Pro 3