Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Recieving mac address as username and ongurad issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Recieving mac address as username and ongurad issue

Posted Sep 04, 2013 11:47 AM

Hi,

I am implementing ClearPass in one of the organizations .I am still in testing phase of 7 PCs.

I couldn’t move forward to the next phase because of the issue I am getting .

This is the scenario we are using:

1- The users will be in the access VLAN with DACL restricting them from accessing the whole network.

2- web-auth service will be triggered by ONGUARD and posture will decide if it's healthy or not (quarantine).

3- If it was healthy the onguard will bounce the port and will allow the user to access.

These are the problems we are facing:

- Onguard on some PCs are quitting automatically after some time (with no action of the user). Just disappear.

This happened twice on different PCs. I am not sure why?

-  On one of the PCs the web-auth was not triggering automatically. The user remained restricted by the DACL till I did it manually from the user PC using the button "Retry" on the ONGUARD.

- For some of the PCs , after some time of being idle, the CPPM start receiving requests with the MAC address of those PCs rather than using usernames . Which are rejected always. Also after the user login to windows , the same issue continues and the user needs to disable/enable network NIC. Then it starts receiving dot1x requests with the actual usernames.

This is happening for some PCs. Other PCs are fine .

Please any suggest!!

• 2.  RE: Recieving mac address as username and ongurad issue

Posted Sep 04, 2013 11:48 AM

Just to add that this is wired setup

• 3.  RE: Recieving mac address as username and ongurad issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2013 01:32 PM

This isn't an issue for these forums.  This sounds config (incl wired switch) ++ client related.  Please open a case for further assistance.