Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Redirect all HTTP to one URL

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Redirect all HTTP to one URL

Posted Dec 28, 2012 03:04 PM

Hi all, this is my first time posting here so first off thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum for all the great advice and collective knowledge. I couldn't have sucessfully set up my Aruba controller without some of the threads on this forum.

Now on to my new question...

Does anyone know if there's a way to intercept all traffic on my guest network and redirect it to a specific public URL?

The situation: I have a guest network being run for a very specific purpose, and want have set up a CP for login, and also Access rules that deny traffic to anything except a specific website - let's say "randomwebsite.lab". However that creates confusion for users who try to go to google, microsoft, etc. since their sites simply never load - they just time out.

Is there a way to redirect all of that traffic to "randomwebsite.lab"? I tried doing this with a NAT rule but didn't have any success... I've also experimented doing this with DNS with some success, but it's not an ideal long-term solution for me. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Redirect all HTTP to one URL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2012 03:09 PM

Did you try the rule "any any service svc-http dst-nat <ip address of website> tcp 80?"