Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Redirecting guests

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Redirecting guests

Posted Jul 18, 2014 03:58 AM

Under the captive portal authentication profile on a controller, what is the difference between the "welcome page" and the "redirect url"? The guide seems to indicate that they both redirect the user after authentication though there must be a different use case for both.

• 2.  RE: Redirecting guests
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2014 05:08 AM

The redirect url, will send the client to that webpage after they have authenticated.  That could be your company website for example.

The welcome page is what shows briefly after the user has authenticated.  You know the one that has a delay of 10 sec and shows where the user will be redirected to and a link to go there now.  If you have not defined the 'redirect url', they will be sent to the original page they tried to go to.

• 3.  RE: Redirecting guests

Posted Jul 18, 2014 05:46 AM

So if I want to force guests to the customer main internet site I should enter this address in the "redirect URL" field. If I want them to go straight there after authentication I should leave the "show welcome page" option unticked.

• 4.  RE: Redirecting guests

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2014 05:48 AM

correct

• 5.  RE: Redirecting guests

Posted Jul 18, 2014 07:41 AM

Thanks for that Michael.