Security

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: Release announcement : ClearPass 6.3.0 is now available!!!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES !!!!!

We experienced the exact same situation. We're stunned that Aruba was able to delete files from our ClearPass server without our permission. So much for using it in a PCI or FIPS environment. We're definitley looking at other vendor options.

Fred

Highlighted

Re: Release announcement : ClearPass 6.3.0 is now available!!!! PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES !!!!!

The download was not removed physically by Aruba on your local CPPM. You sever calls home every night to see if there are any updates and that was removed from the list so your server removed it from the download options in your gui.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi Troy,

The file was physically deleted from our CPPM servers. We received confirmation from Aruba late Friday that the download agent deleted the 6.3 upgrade on any server that had already downloaded the file.

We had already downloaded the upgrade. The file was on our local CPPM server. Whether done by a software agent that calls home or manually it was still deleted by an Aruba controlled mechanism.

Thanks,

Fred

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for all the upgrade notes - they helped a lot. One question regarding disk space, though - since now we are dividing the disk into two partitions and one of the partitions is not being used, how should I interpret the recommended disk space given in the installation note? For example, for the CP-VA-500 edition, the note recommends 500GB of disk space. Does this mean that I am o.k. using a 500 GB drive that it will then divide into two 250GB partitions (and only really use one of them), or do I need to use a 1TB drive since Clearpass will then really use only one of the 500GB partitions?

Highlighted
MVP

The disk space mentioned in the 6.3 notes is indeed for both partitions.

You do not create those partitions yourself by the way.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found a post helpful or important? Click the "Thumbs Up" icon to give kudos.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Gotcha - that's the way I read it, but figured I would double-check. Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I hate to beat a dead horse but just double checking on one aspect of the upgrade relating to the hard drive size.  I have a 5k with an existing 500G of disk space attached to the VM (and only 9G is in use so far).  Per the notes, I need to add another 500G of disk space and that will be used by the upgrade process by it partioning it into two 250G partitions and will use one for the 6.3 software and leaves the other partion for a future upgrade.

Separate question - we have two 5k's and one 500. The software subscription link was used to "download" the software. I believe it's stored somewhere on the publisher.  Once I upgrade the publisher, how do I go about upgrading the subscribers?

Thanks

Highlighted

To answer your two questions......

Re the second disk, your correct, attach the second disk and we will partition that disk 'under-the-covers' in to two separate partitions, one used as the live, running partition and the other will be used going forward to upgrade say to 6.4. You can then remove the disk currently in use and you'll never have to add a disk going forward as we have the two partitions which we will handle from inside CPPM.

Re the upgrade, you have to separately upgrade the subscribers, its  a manual process for each node.

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Fair warning to those who use  the Onguard Web agent.  It has changed and is now intergrated into Guest.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Well I upgraded to 6.3 and it seemed ok but couldn't log into the gui (said bad username/password).  We did a password reset to defaults and got in fine but then found the system was at a default install state.  No db, profiles, roles, policies.  Backed out to 6.2.5 while support looks at the logs etc.   Anyone else have upgrade issues with 6.3?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: