Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Remove license

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Remove license

Posted Aug 02, 2013 08:45 AM

Hi All,

New to the forum and products in general. I'm in the process of setting up two ClearPass servers, they are obviosly supposed to use individual licenses. I turns out that I re-used the same license on the second server :( I have added the correct license, but I can't get rid of the duplicate, how would I accomplish this?

The second ClearPass lists two servers on the Server Manager -> Licensing -> [Servers] tab and shows a higher count on the [License Summary] tab. Since the re-used license can't be activate on another installation, I get the activation is required message in the login prompt each time I use the WebUI.

I have tried, without luck, to find the answer in previous forum posts and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction :)

Best regards,

Fredrik

• 2.  RE: Remove license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2013 08:51 AM

Hi,

Try going to to Administration > Server Manager > Licensing and then click on the server that you are having the issue with. Then enter the correct license key in for "New license key". This may clear out the older one.

update-license.png

Tim

• 3.  RE: Remove license

Posted Aug 02, 2013 08:58 AM

That I hadn't tried!

I clicked the license I want to get rid of and used the new license (which is also listed). Unfortunately this resulted in an error saying "License key has already been used in the past".

Did I understand correctly, or should I attempt something else?

Best regards,

Fredrik

• 4.  RE: Remove license

Posted Aug 02, 2013 08:59 AM

Aruba -- ClearPass license.jpg

• 5.  RE: Remove license

Posted Nov 04, 2013 04:48 AM

frekno, what ended up solving this? TAC fixed it? If so - how? Where you able to remove one of them, or did you just get a new key to update with? I have the same situation at a customer site now..

• 6.  RE: Remove license

Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:58 AM

I can confirm as of v6.4.4 there is a small trash can to the right of the licenese that allows you to permanently delete it. Not sure what version that was introduced in.

• 7.  RE: Remove license
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2013 09:02 AM
    I think that might have had to be done when you initially installed the
    correct key. I just discovered that menu when I saw your post.

You may have to contact TAC and work with them to remove the license.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10