Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)

Posted Feb 19, 2017 09:19 PM

Hi,

Would it be possible to add custom fields to the guest Web Logins page (e.g. by customizing HTML) and then store and retrieve the information inputted by visitors? (We prefer the internal ClearPass database if possible.)

We found a guide to achieve it for Self-Registration page at http://www.amigopod.com/HOWTO/Survey/, but self-registration does not suit our workflow (we register for guests instead).

Is it possible with Web Login page?

Am I going the right way?

Thanks!

(Please refer to attachment "web login custom fields.png" for an illustration of what I mean)

• 2.  RE: Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2017 03:15 AM

I would use Guest Self registration, here you can add in custom fields and capture the input.

• 3.  RE: Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)

Posted Mar 27, 2017 07:35 AM

I have the same request here. From what i understand, using custom fields with self-registration, results in local guest accounts which would need guest licenses... in a current customer setup it would be very helpful, if we would be able to use custom fields in the web-login pages directly, because the guest accounts are already present in Active Directory. Is there someone who knows how to inject them via HTML? Or is there an way to pass html fields via Authentication:WebSessionURL attribute to CPPM?

• 4.  RE: Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)

Posted Aug 03, 2018 09:57 AM

Hi,

Did you manage to get around this as I'm having the exact same problem.

Cheers

Shaun

• 5.  RE: Retrieving Visitors Inputs with Custom Fields in Web Login Page (ClearPass Guest)

Posted Aug 06, 2018 02:46 AM

Yes. I had to implement a drop down field. So i added the field with HTML and everytime it was modified, the browser URL was updates by adding a additonal "&parameter=<value>" (reloaded the site by a JAVA script). Not nice but working. I'm not sure, but i think i hade to configure the Login-Page for COA and i had to create a WEBAUTH to interpret the additional URL parameters in CPPM.