Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Role Mappings within the Guest Application

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted May 28, 2014 01:10 PM

Up to version 6.3.1 of CPPM we had the ability the change the Role Mapping that the Guest application used by going to Guest Application > Administration > Plug-in Manager > ClearPass Guest Services and typing in the new Role Mapping to use. After installing 6.3.1 this option is no longer available. Does anyone know how this can be changed in version 6.3.1 and later?

• 2.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

• 3.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted May 28, 2014 01:22 PM

That is for creating new roles within the Role Mappings, I want to create a new Role Mapping that the Guest Application uses.  Another way to say this, I do not want to use [Guest], I want to use [Custom Guest], but I want to leave [Guest] unchanged.

• 4.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted May 28, 2014 08:08 PM
    That's exactly what that does

• 5.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted May 28, 2014 08:45 PM

No, that is not what I am looking for. If I want to add additional roles to the [Guest] role mapping, then I would do just what the link does. That is not the issue. I want to change the Role Mapping that the Guest application uses. Before 6.3 this was completed by going to Guest Application > Administration > Plug-in Manager > ClearPass Guest Services and entering a new Role Mapping http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/ClearPass-using-different-role-mappings-amp-role-id/m-p/127107/highlight/true#M8640

Look at the attached Word doc, this is how it was changed prior to 6.3.

• 6.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 11:30 PM

Tim,

I dont see an attached word doc. 

Im with victor here and Im confused on what you are looking for. 

In 6.3 if you want to add or change a guest role you are going to do that in the CPPM side. The only thing that is done in the CPGuest side is choosing what the default role is and what roles an operator can assign. 

• 7.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 11:36 PM
    I think he's asking how you define which role mapping policy CPG uses for guest roles. It used to be that you could select a custom role mapping policy in the CPG config.

• 8.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2014 11:41 PM

I just fired up an old 6.2 and this is what was in there but it is also used in the cppm side. It was two spots that you could configure this setting and the CPPM side was much more flexiable so it was move to that side only. 

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.38.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.40.25 PM.png

• 9.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted May 29, 2014 02:20 AM

Tim you would be correct. 

Troy, the first screen shot is what I am after with “*  Role Mapping:”.  In 6.2 you created it on the CPPM side and then referenced it under Guest, you didn’t create it on both.  In 6.3, the option is no longer available and I am trying to understand how  or where to make the same change in 6.3, if its still possible.   

• 10.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2014 02:36 AM

You no longer need to reference it in 6.3. That was from the old amigopod days and it caused more problems since you had those capabilities in the guest page or the operator profile to choose the default role.

If you still have questions send me a private message with your contact info and I will call you tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.29.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.28.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.29.52 AM.png

• 11.  RE: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Posted Jun 24, 2015 06:23 PM

Thanks for this Troy!  I had the exact same question and I tried your suggestion.  It worked as described on cppm 6.4.x