Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

Posted Sep 26, 2019 04:48 PM

Has anyone integrated a Ruckus SmartZone with Clearpass for Guest self-registration?

I believe I need to utilize the "hotspot" SSID option within Ruckus, as that appears to be the only way to tell Ruckus to authenticate against an external server. However, when we go to NAD authentication options, I'm not sure what would go in the "Vendor Login" field.

• 2.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 09:12 PM
      |   view attached

What works for me is Vendor = Custom and then Submit URL is http://<SZ-IP>:9997/login for HTTP or use port 9998 for HTTPS.

See Screenshot attached

• 3.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2019 09:15 PM

ClearPass has an option to select Ruckus wireless for Vendor settings under Guest. Check the post to the controller, if it is not as expected you may have to use Custom and spcify the post URL accordingly.

• 4.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

Posted Oct 01, 2019 11:42 AM

Gotcha.

• 5.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

Posted Apr 02, 2020 12:58 AM

Good day, some assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated. We currently have clearpass with a guest capitive portal with Aruba AP's. Our company had 3rd party infrastructure consisting of Smartzone and ruckus AP's, but we were forced to take it over due to unforeseen circumstances. All SSID's on Smartzone has been changed to what we use on the Aruba Side. Since Ruckus doesn't handle 'roles' as Aruba do... How can I get my smartzone to use my clearpass guest portal for registrations? Thank you

• 6.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

Posted Apr 02, 2020 10:06 AM

Ruckus has a setting on the SSID to force users to a captive portal. You won't see users get redirected, but you'll see them authenticate correctly. This thread has the correct answers - I got it working.

• 7.  RE: Ruckus SmartZone w/ Self-Reg Clearpass

Posted Apr 10, 2020 03:07 AM

rnazzaro,

thank you for your reply. We use the self registration portal on clearpass with a sms service. The service we use is guest authentication with mac-caching. On the SZ controller the ssid is being redirected to clearpass self registration page. Could you maybe post some screenshots of your VSA settings for your self registrations?

Maybe post an example of your service?