Security

New Contributor

SSID with Secure authentication and guest authentication

Would it be possible to have a single SSID configured to handle secure wpa2 authentication as well as open authentication to redirect guests to a captive portal?

Re: SSID with Secure authentication and guest authentication

No, what you can have is a 802.1X that could redirect user to a captive portal but this will fm happen after the username/password has been provided.
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

PEAP-Public is an option.

Instead of a PSK, the user would enter the key as both the username and password. You could then direct them to a captive portal to register.

It's not open, but is a public access method with enables their traffic to be encrypted.

Otherwise you will need to use two SSIDs.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Thank you for the responses!  I did want to further expand on what we are trying to accomplish as my first post was rather rushed.  Essentially, we want users to connect to a single SSID and use ClearPass as the decision maker as to whether or not they will utilize EAP-TLS (with certificates) or be sent to a captive portal if they do not to register as a guest user (or login with AD credentials).

From what I have seen, I believe we would still need multiple SSID's, but I wanted to confirm that is the case.

Guru Elite

Yes, EAP authentication would need to happen before ClearPass can make a decision. Sounds like two SSIDs will be necessary for your environments.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: