Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Search Static Host List and Device Registration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Search Static Host List and Device Registration

Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:28 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to track down a device that was added to an incorrect SHL. Is there a way to search the lists for a mac-address?

Also, I have read some posts that device registrtation should be used vs SHL. Is this device registration through the guest portal only?

• 2.  RE: Search Static Host List and Device Registration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:00 AM

No, there’s not an easy way to search in the GUI (you could however use the REST API). This is one of the many reasons why Device Registration should be used.

RE: guest portal. Not sure what you mean. If you mean the UI called Guest, then yes. The Guest side of the product handles all user facing workflows including Device Registration.

• 3.  RE: Search Static Host List and Device Registration

Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:41 AM

Yes the Guest UI. I will look into both the REST API and the device registration to get a better understanding of how it could fit into our environment.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Search Static Host List and Device Registration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 11:02 AM

In Configuration » Identity » Static Host Lists page you can search for specific MAC.