Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Searching for a username within Insight (6.6)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Searching for a username within Insight (6.6)

Posted Aug 22, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi,

This used to be possible pre 6.6, however I can't see how to do it in the new Insight interface.

I am trying to search for when a username last connected on any device.

The main search seems to default to "in last 1 week" with no way to extend this. I know I need to search from at least a month ago. My logs should go back 6 months at least - ideally I would like to search all of it.

The data retrieved from a successful search is also quite poor. I have tested with my own username, and the data it pulls out seems quite sparse. Although it gets the number of devices that have connected (in past week), it doesn't show the date/times. Also although the MAC addresses of the endpoints are 'clickable', they don't actually do anything so I can't drill down.

This is very frustrating as I really need to track when this user last connected and with what device. Can anyone help?

Clearpass 6.6.0.81015 on 3x CP-HW-25k - the Insight Master is not the publisher.

Using RADIUS authentication, eduroam SSID.

Cisco WiSM2 8.0.132

Cisco Prime 2.2

• 2.  RE: Searching for a username within Insight (6.6)
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2016 12:00 PM

Hi,

an Aruba employee replied that the search 6.5 search features might be re integrated but in 6.7 only. (see link)
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Clearpass-6-6-Insight-Reports/td-p/272167/page/2

As of now, I would suggest that you do a report just for this user and you enable raw date output.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Searching for a username within Insight (6.6)

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:57 AM

Thanks! :-)

That did the trick, and will do until we get proper searching capabilities back in 6.7.