Security

New Contributor

Secure guest wireless with captive portal

I'm trying to setup captive portal login access for our associates.  This will only be guest internet traffic, but would like it to be secure and authenticate against AD.

Currently, captive portal works against AD and grants guest access, but it is an open network.

Can this be done?  Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Secure guest wireless with captive portal

New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Maybe I'm not asking this the correct way as I'm new to Aruba/ClearPass technology.

The captive portal is a secure https page which works correctly and authenticates correctly to AD.  It authenticates against AD and provides guest access to our associates which expires after x days.  Just like we want.

However, the guest traffic is on an open, unencrpyted network.

In our legacy environment, we used a PSK providing at least some level of security.

I would like to be able to supply a captive portal page that works in the same way as our legacy PSK encryption.

Help / advice is much appreciated.  Thanks.

Guru Elite

You would change the Encryption in the SSID profile to WPA2-PSK.  In the AAA profile, you would change the initial role to ***logon.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: