Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Self-Registration [Log In] username only

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Self-Registration [Log In] username only

Posted May 31, 2018 08:32 AM

Hi Folks,

I would like to create a Self-Register Captive Portal, but I need only the username in the Log In page for the access. I attached 2 screen because I found the option in the pre 6.7 version, but I didn't find in 6.7...

Any idea regarding this ?

• 2.  RE: Self-Registration [Log In] username only

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2018 10:26 AM

Do you want to do a self-registration page or web login page?

The self-registration page can match a local account because when you register it creates the account in the guest database. If you want to use a web login page, then you have the option to only use username for authentication.

guest-username-only-login.png

• 3.  RE: Self-Registration [Log In] username only

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2018 10:27 AM

If you wanted to go with registration route, you could redirect after registration to a web-login page, instead of  the default login that gets created, and have the options selected in the image above for login.

• 4.  RE: Self-Registration [Log In] username only

Posted Jun 01, 2018 02:27 AM

I would like to use the Self-register route on my Captive Portal. When the clients complete the first self-reg, and come back tomorrow. They have an account so I don't want to register again them. But I would like to sign in them only with their username without password.

• 5.  RE: Self-Registration [Log In] username only

MVP
    Posted Jun 01, 2018 08:05 AM
    Sure, so I would build a web login page with that option and on your initial landing page, which can be the self registration, put an HTML link at the bottom where they can go to that went login and use only their username.

The other option is using MAC caching, and they never have to login as long as their initial account is valid. You can post the user account back so it shows in the user table and access tracker logs.

• 6.  RE: Self-Registration [Log In] username only

Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:49 AM

Thanks, I built a Web Login Page for the simple username authentication and built a Self-Reg Portal and linked it to the Web Login Page: "Need an account Click here". So it works great.