Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Self Registration - without instant access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Oct 13, 2011 10:58 AM
    Is there any way for users to create their own account (self register) then the un/pw get sent to a "sponsor" that is then given to the client?

Basically, the customer wants users to be able to create their account, but have to be allowed by a sponser...thus prohibiting the ability to instant provision and gain access.

• 2.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Oct 17, 2011 12:51 PM
    Yes there is exactly that feature on the Amigopod.

Sponsorship Confirmation
    Enabled:
    Require sponsor confirmation prior to enabling the account

It's on the guest self registration advance editor under the SMS receipt section.

• 3.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Oct 17, 2011 02:17 PM
    James, I am working on the same problem and have enabled that check box but how does it know which sponsor to send the email to?

• 4.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Oct 17, 2011 05:02 PM
    Hi all, you need to add the sponsor_email field to the self registration page and then select that as the one to use for confirmation message to from the 'Actions' menu in the receipt page in the 'Sponsorship Confirmation' section

Hope that helps

• 5.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Oct 18, 2011 05:18 AM
    Ah excellent. Thanks Carlos.

• 6.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Nov 02, 2011 11:22 AM
    Could you tell me how to add the sponsor_email field? I can't seem to find an option to add any additional fields to my form, it only shows the ones listed.

• 7.  RE: Self Registration - without instant access

Posted Nov 07, 2011 06:57 AM

Select one of the existing fields and you will then see the option to "insert before" and "insert after". Select one of those options then you can add the sponsor_email field.