Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Self Service Reset Password

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 11, 2013 03:41 AM

Hello,

I am using the self service portal in ClearPass and here is a need I can't achieved.

Guest are logging with their phone number (it's their username) and a randomly generated password. If they have forgotten their password, I would like that they can reset it only with giving their phone number.

If I select the username as "Required Field", the field is doubled on the display form. Is there a trick or something diffrent to do ?

Thanks for your help.

Boxcar

• 2.  RE: Self Service Reset Password
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2013 05:49 AM

Hello Boxcar,

A few solutions to this as I've found..

So the basics is that you have to select a field to match that is saved on the account.

First I tried the "visitor_accept_terms" thinking that was saved on the account and making them just accept terms again was decent enough. That faield since that field isn't saved on the account.

So I'm thinking you can create a new field with a toggle value that is hidden on the self-registration, but defaulting to 1. That way it will be saved with the account, and can used on this reset pw form.

Second thing is to just do UI override.

This require a small amount of HTML edit, which should be doable even for non-devs :)

Make sure you have "Username" as the required field.

Check the field for "Display fields to override UI text and labels"

Check the field "Reset Form Override"

Now you need to get teh html code to override with.

• Open the Reset Password web-page with Username 
    • View Source on this and copy everything out to an editor like Notepad or whatever you have.
    • In the editor strip away everything above/blow the form and /form tags.
    • Remove one of the "Username" form entries. You will see there is two identical ones in the code.
    • Now you need to enclose the script tags within {literal} tags to be able to save the form. Just insert {literal} immediately following the <script> tag, then the ending {/literal} following the </script> tag. Do this for every <script> part.. Should be 3..
    • Copy the edited code in the Header HTML part.

Save and Reload

Refresh the reset password page, try a reset and see how it goes.. It worked for me :)

• 3.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 11, 2013 09:31 AM

Hello John,

Thanks for your help, working fine.

Regards

Dimitri

• 4.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted May 27, 2019 02:19 AM

Hi, I am not familiar with Page creation and its toogle values, could you pls recommend me to get the knowlede on it.

• 5.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 11, 2013 09:36 AM
    Hi again Dimitri,
    What solution did you implement?

If you like the post don't forget to Kudo it.

• 6.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 11, 2013 09:40 AM

Second one John.

Dimitri

• 7.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 11, 2013 10:43 AM

in future if you need to change the secret question you cant.... i've open a post under "ideas" for that

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Products-and-Technology/Clearpass-Change-secret-question-and-answer/idi-p/59188#U59188

if you also need this feature give me a Kudos

• 8.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 14, 2013 10:37 AM

A little question about the password. Is it possible to have a length of 4 digits for the password in the self-registration case ?

• 9.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 14, 2013 10:45 AM
    Yep. Guest Manager. Adjust length there.

• 10.  RE: Self Service Reset Password

Posted Feb 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Perfect thanks.

Dimitri