Security

New Contributor

Re: Send email in enforcement policy?

Hey, Has this been tested in 6.8? We have just taken the plunge and I cannot get the emails flowing.

As a side note on the attributes, do you need to mape the attributes into the content using the attributes table eg

"Attribute Name" User "Attribute Value" - %{Endpoint:Username} then in the content you can use %{User} to call the attribute.

That is theory on my side as i cannot get emails yet :)

Contributor II

It also seems that you can't have more than one SMTP profile.  Once I have two, the second never fires.  Two different services, and the one that is heirarchically first, fires; however, the latter does not.  Thoughts?

Contributor I

Can this also be used in combination with Oauth.

I am unable to get the Enforcement profile working (i see it is triggered by the access tracker). What is the best place to find additional logging?

2019-08-05 14_40_03-Window.png

Frequent Contributor I

Did anyone got this working in Clearpass 6.8.3? I cannot upload the XML anymore. Get an Error in processing this request.

So I opened the XML and manually created the enforcement profile (http based enforcement) and context server action. Added this to the policy.

The access tracker shows the enforcement profile is triggered but there is no mail arriving. I tested the mail settings with a test mail, using the same address as is set in de context server action and that mail is arriving.

exporting the created xml shows quite a difference with the provided one.

Any input?

thanks,

Erik

ACDX#968, ACMP, ACCP, ACSP
Aruba Employee

Are you referring to a Context Server Actions?

I can't say for XML. I do know that my 6.7 JSON Content did not work on 6.8. It transpired that it did not like any <CR> in the "message" field.

Also to debug put the CPG Administration-->PluginManager-->API Framework in to API Logging="Trace". The explicit calls will then be reported in the CPG Application Logs. This is VERY processor intensive - only enable within a test environment.

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Dmellor,

Yes I do. 

no <CR> in the message body. I changed back to the standard with just the  sent to mail address changed (and removed cc and bcc)

We're still in implementing stage so I changed the API Logging as suggested. Where would I access those logs? 

thanks,

Erik

Frequent Contributor I

Found how to collect the logging but the tar files are impossible to get grip on without some sort of tooling.

I expected the API logging to be in the ClearPassGuestLogs but that tar file is empty.......

Both SystemLogs and PolicyManagerLogs contain so much information that I need to be guided where to look.

I noticed that the endpoint context server localhost has Authentication Method set as Basic. The generic http context server actions has the Authentication Method set as None. 

rgds,

Erik

New Contributor

I did get it resolved but not a straight answer. Spent a couple of weeks with dev/support going through it on 6.8. I am pretty sure they have changed the mail config in the background in 6.8. Anyway they sent me XML files to import. Looked similar to what I was doing before, the only difference these worked. support would not tell me exactly what was different to the origional but suggest thats your next step. It can work, but it seems support want to keep it to themselves :)

Frequent Contributor I

I tested adding security and using api_user and api_key but no luck. I will open a case, see if they will help me :)

Thanks for the input,

rgds,

Erik

Occasional Contributor I

Hi.

I have tested in 6.8.3 and have it working and passing data from the client’s connection. 

This is my Configuration.

Endpoint Context Server Details

epcs-action.png

epcs-header.png

epcs-attributes.png

In the Content i used the Attributes that i set up in the image above.

I used '\n' to create the line breaks in the email message

epcs-content.png

Enforcement Profile

ep-profile.png

ep-attributes.png

I Attached the Enforcement Profile to one of my Policies and bounced one of the ports on my switches.

This is the Email Mail that I received when a device Connected to one of my Switches

email.png

Cheers

The Bald One

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: