Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) with extra access code

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) with extra access code

Posted Mar 16, 2020 04:45 AM

Hi all,

I am migrating Cisco ISE to Aruba Clearpass.

One of the things I encounter is that ISE is using a  Hotspot  disclaimer portal, with an extra access code to be entered.

So, the portal page is displayed with an AUP, and a field to enter this access code. After agreeing with the AUP and entering the correct access code, access is granted.

The portal feature in Clearpass, similar to Hotspot in ISE, is the use of a weblogin page with Authentication: Anonymous – Do not require a username or password. But I cannot find a similar feature regarding the extra access code to use.

So the question is, does Clearpass support this extra access code feature in combination with the single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) portal at all? 

If so, where can I configure this? If not, I have to work around this in another way.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Martin

• 2.  RE: Single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) with extra access code
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2020 06:50 AM

Under Authentication you can select Access Code, which probably is what you want. In the backend what this does is create a username with 'fixed' password which then is filled in a hidden form field. User just has to fill the access code (which is the username) and can sign in.

cppm-accesscode.png

• 3.  RE: Single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) with extra access code

Posted Mar 17, 2020 05:55 AM

Hi Herman,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is not the same as the access code used in the ISE portals. But I will try to configure this to see this if this is a feasible solution. I will post the outcome.

Best regards, Martin

• 4.  RE: Single click disclaimer portal (Anonymous) with extra access code

Posted Mar 21, 2020 02:31 PM

Hi,

I have tested this, just reconfigured the Access Code – only requires a requires a single code (username).

I used the previously configured anonymous user, and entered this is in the username field only. So this works almost the same as anonymous. So what I have to is create the access codes now used as anonymous user in the Create a new anonymous account in the the Web Logins and it works.

Thanks Herman for the tip.

Best regards, Martin