Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Oct 06, 2014 06:20 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all!

----------------------------------- Fixed by Sean Rynearson

This is the third time I post this message since the two other ones just dissapoeared, so this time I will only tag it with CPPM and add the elements as pdf. So far Sean or any other moderator haven't followed up on the missing posts, so until then - you will only get it as a pdf. *cross fingers* that the ghost in the machine doesn't snag it this time too!!

This isn't a complete step-by-step tutorial as it expects you to know your way around the Aruba WLC and Clearpass configuration elements. Some snippets of this I got from our awsome community, but key elements was still missing and took some hours in the lab to work out. As we gain more experience with this authentication I will add more to this tutorial.

----------------------Fixed by Sean Rynearson, 

Hi gang!

This isn't a complete step-by-step tutorial as it expects you to know your way around the Aruba WLC and Clearpass configuration elements. Some snippets of this I got from our awsome community, but key elements was still missing and took some hours in the lab to work out. As we gain more experience with this authentication I will add more to this tutorial.

Requirements

You will need Clearpass 6.4.x as that is where the "true" social-login support started. It's possible to do with some 6.3.x version, but I wouldn't recommend it as I believe that was mostly for Aruba internal testing/showcasing.

Facebook

When it comes to using Facebook as authentication you will need access to a facebook account. With this account you first register as a developer (free and open for all) using this URL: https://developers.facebook.com. This is the account you will be creating your authentication app with.

During your testing the authentication APP you create will not be LIVE. Only the facebook account you use for creating the App and the people you invite will be able to suceesfully authenticate using this Facebook social-login. The facebook users you invite will receive a message with the invite. They will first have to register as devolopers before being able to accept the invitation.

Note! I haven't actually gotten past the Developer status of my facebook Auth App, but will update once I figure out how thats accomplished. For instanse - making it necessary to Like a certain page is something I'm definately looking into, but havent found out how is done yet.

-> Clearpass, IP or FQDN

It seems that you can not be using an IP address in your redirect as this returns an error message from Facebook during the auth process. That means you will have to create a DNS entry that is resolvable for your guests.

-> Whitelisting social websites

For this to work you will have to accept that un-authenticated users will be able to surf on Facebook. There is no way around that, so if thats against your policy then this is a no go for you. This is not only for facebook, but for all forms of social login.

The setup

On Controller

If you have a usable ClearPass guest SSID already then you can use that. Just add the necessary fw rules to your -logon role.

• Create a Open Guest SSID with required aaa, vap, captive portal, ssid etc.
    • Initial role - social-logon (create new)
      • Captive Portal redirect to Clearpass
      • FW policy for -logon role:
        • logon-control (or your variant of it)
        • social-list-operations
          • Http/https towards the social media auth servers (see Alias list below) AND the Clearpass server

Aliases for facebook

social-facebook (minimum required at this time)

• graph.facebook.com
    • api-read.facebook.com
    • api-video.facebook.com
    • www.facebook.com
    • fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net
    • fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net (new?!)
    • fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net (new?!)

My suggestions incase this changes in the future:

• facebook.com
    • akamaihd.net

On Clearpass

If you already have a working login page - just use that and add the snippet below.

• Create web login with custom login form (this is the one you redirect to)
    • Check for Social Login, and enter the ones you want to be able to login with.
    • For each social login type you will have to add the AppID and AppSecret. If you have these already then add them - if not come back to this after you've created the App in the Facebook sections below.
    • In the footer add this snippet {nwa_social_logins}
    • Example for customized version: {nwa_social_logins vertical=1 noicons=1 prefix='Login with ' suffix=' and get access!'}

CPPM

Create Auth Source

I'm assuming this will change in a near release so we can just select social-login as type when creating Auth source, but this is it for now.

• Create a New Auth source with type "Generic SQL"
    • Check use for Authorization
    • See screenshot for setup (All Social data is stored in the Endpoints database connected to the device so thats why we use it for authentication)

auth-source1.png

• Under Attributes create two Filters: Authentication and Social Service Provider

authsource2.png

• Find the input to use for Filter Query under "Things" section

Create Service

• Use the wizard and create a new Guest Access service. The templates "Guest Access" or "Guest access with MAC auth" will get the job done nicely. Or - just use your existing Guest service..
    • Add the Social Auth source as authentication source to the Guest Access service
    • Optional: add a test and return various roles depending on the social-source. Might make it easier for statistics this way

service2.png

Facebook

Now you need to complete the App in developers.facebook.com

Click Apps - Register new App

• Note! (Just refresh site a few times if it still shows Register as developer if you just registered)

Then click Apps - Register new App (refresh site if it still shows Register as developer)

Apps -> "Your Auth App"

1. Settings - Basic.
    2. Add the name (FQDN) of your clearpass server under App Domains
    3. Add Platform and select Website
    4. In "Site URL" input the whole URL for your loginpage on Clearpass
    5. Save

Now - note down the App ID and App Secret for this app. You will need this when adding social login to your login page on Clearpass.

Before you go live with the app you will want to go through the App settings - Advanced section to improve security.

Things...

Auth SQL input

Filter Query - Authentication:

SELECT tag_value AS User_Password FROM tips_endpoint_tag_mappings  JOIN tips_tag_values ON (tips_endpoint_tag_mappings.tag_value_id = tips_tag_values.id) WHERE tips_endpoint_tag_mappings.instance_id =      (SELECT id       FROM tips_endpoints      WHERE mac_address = LOWER('%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}'))          AND tips_tag_values.tag_id =               (SELECT id               FROM tips_tag_definitions               WHERE name = 'social_password'                    AND entity_id =                        (SELECT id                         FROM tips_dic_internal                        WHERE dic_prefix = 'Endpoint'));  

Filter Query - Social Service Provider

SELECT tag_value AS SP FROM tips_endpoint_tag_mappings  JOIN tips_tag_values ON (tips_endpoint_tag_mappings.tag_value_id = tips_tag_values.id) WHERE tips_endpoint_tag_mappings.instance_id =      (SELECT id       FROM tips_endpoints      WHERE mac_address = LOWER('%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}'))          AND tips_tag_values.tag_id =               (SELECT id               FROM tips_tag_definitions               WHERE name = 'social_method'                    AND entity_id =                        (SELECT id                         FROM tips_dic_internal                        WHERE dic_prefix = 'Endpoint'));

{nwa_social_login}

The following parameters can be passed:

• vertical=1 to display vertical over horizontal.
    • notext=1 to only display icons.
    • noicons=1 to only display text.
    • noself=1 to suppress logic to include self-registration interlinking.
    • prefix='Login with ' to include a prefix on all the labels.
    • suffix=' and have fun' to include a suffix at the end of all the labels.
    • class=YourClass to give the wrapping div a class a specific class.
    • style='color:blue;' to give the wrapping div specific styles.

Other social aliases

social-linkedin

New proposal:

• Linkedin.com
    • Akamaihd.net

google

• www.google.com
    • lh4.googleusercontent.com
    • ssl.gstatic.com
    • accounts.google.com

Attachment(s)

pdf
    social-login-october-mhc.pdf   304 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2014 05:23 PM

Fixed. Should be good now. I would not try editing. Send me a DM if you need to change something. 

• 3.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Oct 28, 2014 06:21 AM
    Thanks Sean. Can you tell me what the error was? Is it just formatting?

Anyone published a live FB app yet - and can add some info on that process?

• 4.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Nov 11, 2014 10:22 PM

Hi, 

I have followed the instruction and the process of asking Facebook seems to have worked. 

But I got into the "Authentication Failed" error message. 

When I checked at CPPM Access Tracker, it said that the user is not found. 

How do FB supply the values on tables inside the database?

Or do you have come across the same problem before?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Teguh

• 5.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Feb 13, 2015 04:05 PM

We discovered that in a Subscriber/Publisher environment, there is a delay beween the user attempting to log in and the endpoint being updated in the database.  This will cause the login to fail.  Our soluton was to place a 10 second delay in the login page "Login Delay".  This gave the Publisher time to update the endpoint prior to attempting to authenticate to it.

• 6.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jun 03, 2015 04:32 AM

I am getting error...

Why?

error.PNG

• 7.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jun 03, 2015 05:35 AM

Perhaps you didn't fill in all the required fields:

03.06.png

• 8.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jun 03, 2015 06:58 AM

All is as it must be. I folowed tutorial, as I said.

have.PNG

• 9.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2015 07:12 AM
    You will see that error if you are just testing the page without a true redirect. Most likely you are missing the MAC address that is passed by the controller when you connect to the ssid

• 10.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jun 03, 2015 08:08 AM

Now somehow get this:
    err.PNG

It is not detected in access tracker.

Radius secret is good, and ALL of configuration is good becaude I use the same clearpass server for another guest self-registration with same config and it is working good.

Also I noticed this in application log:
    log.PNG

I also tried LinkedIn and same problem persists. And same log appears.

• 11.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2015 10:27 AM
    Did you allow the proper fdqn in your firewall rules to allow Facebook?

I would also try to recreate the page. You can also use the ASE solution to build the clearpass configuration.

• 12.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jun 03, 2015 10:46 AM

Outgoing traffic to facebook.com domain is allowed.

Inbound traffic from facebook is allowed on ports 80 i 443.

Guest can freally go to the facebook prior to login. 

• 13.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Aug 27, 2015 04:14 AM

Saw that array error before.  Turns out is was the CPPM box access to the external Social Media app api.  Corrected routing/access and error disappeared.

• 14.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jul 01, 2016 09:48 AM

Hi,

I get a certificate error when trying to redirect to facebook. The certificate is the one for securelogin.arubanetworks.com. The clearpass has been provided with an HTTPS certificate. Do I have to add a public certificate to the controllers as well? And if so, what certificate type will I need to use?

Kind regards,

jcelis

• 15.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2016 09:50 AM
    Be sure you're allowing the necessary FQDNs for Facebook in your Cisco ACLs.

• 16.  RE: Social Login with Clearpass and Aruba WLC - october-mhc

Posted Jul 01, 2016 10:37 AM

Hi,

I've added all the ones I could fine in the community. (about 6 or 7)

We can reach facebook if we can bypass the certificate but clients using chrome can not bypass this so are stuck at the certificate warning. iPhone users don't see the warning and the page just refreshes.