Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Some Windows 7 SP1 clients cannot logon to AP - Bad Username and/or Password

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Some Windows 7 SP1 clients cannot logon to AP - Bad Username and/or Password

Posted Aug 21, 2012 05:48 PM

I have users connecting to an aruba ap that uses IAS on a domain controller to authenticate. I am having an issue where users that are docked and logged into the domain undock which turns on the WLAN card (LAN/WLAN Switching Enabled) they are prompted for a password even though the wireless network settings are to use thier Windows Account. After typing in their correct password 3 times, thier account becomes locked. To get around this, the user must shutdown, undock, startup laptop and login with local cached domain account and then connections to the wireless AP works fine.

I have verified that the settings in windows are exactly the same as those working without issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Some Windows 7 SP1 clients cannot logon to AP - Bad Username and/or Password

Posted Aug 21, 2012 09:36 PM

Is any additional information provided by the failed attempts in the IAS logs?